Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

FRAUDS WEARING MEDALS

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Condor68

FRAUDS WEARING MEDALS

Post by Condor68 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:15 pm

Just been watching You Tune regarding SCUM wearing medals they were not entitled to. Our Provost of Angus tried to start a procedure a few years ago to try and stop this. .Over a few years I have been challenged for not wearing mine.At a Freedom March Past by 45 Commando in Arbroath I was taken aside and told if you wont wear the medals at least wear the beret by ex RMs. There are a couple of Scots Guards sometimes drop into our local and swear they saw me in the Falklands .These people and more like them are the medal winners .In a perverse way I am chuffed that they think I am one of them.They earned their awards.If you see anyone with a Medal you reckon they are not entitled to report them.If they are genuine they wont mind weeding out the SCUM.I only recently found out by accident that for years i was under the Admiralty and could have been sent to the Falklands.I would wear my only medal to the Remembrance service but unfortunately you only got to keep the Life boys best Recruit medal for a year.Might be a silly sort of post but it annoys me .To those of you with medals and those who served Thank You.

Keith

reheat module

Re: FRAUDS WEARING MEDALS

Post by reheat module » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:20 pm

Sadly, I have seen this at first hand. Remembrance Parades tend to bring these 'Walts' (Walter Mitty) out.
They sometimes wear incorrect range of medals, medals in the wrong order of priority, or even on the wrong side (pending if they were active, or handed via family). I got talking to one who shared a medal like mine, and after 30 secs it was obvious he had no idea of location, honours or operations associated with the medal. I told him to his face he was a discrace and that if he didn't move rapidly, I'd report him. He stormed off to the applause of the coffee shop
UK ONS CPI Rate checker for Sept every year... :whistle:

Condor68

Re: FRAUDS WEARING MEDALS

Post by Condor68 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:03 pm

I am sorry about your experience but its happening I wouldnt have a clue but my wife whose first husband is now wife to a Para does . Puts a new slant on Air to Ground .He was a Marine in the Falklands.I dont know Major Ronnie(Angus Provost] personally but if you contact him I am sure he will try to do something.MIght sound humerous to some but for that I think the DEATH PENALTY would be a let off .People earned these awards Friend of mine died in the sand Relatives of my wife died in WW2.I hope you paid their bills for the coffee if not I will

Cheers Keith

Return to “General Chat”