Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

New 'MIDWAY' Film.

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
raptor9

New 'MIDWAY' Film.

Post by raptor9 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:59 pm

Watched this new film this morning. Impressive CGI. Absolutely awful dialogue, and the main character [who existed in real life] Dick Best, portrayed as the most gung ho pilot ever shown on screen in my opinion. Idiotic manouveres to impress people [but not his crew]. I wondered why the Japanese pilots always wore sheepskin flying jackets with a hood, and, the same with the American crews, never pulled their goggles down in a dog fight, whilst the Yanks NEVER did their flight helmets up!!. They, of course wore lightweight flight suits in complete contrast to the Japanese. Did I enjoy it???. Sort of. Would I watch it again.... No. Only my thoughts. Anyone with any??

cat1

Re: New 'MIDWAY' Film.

Post by cat1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:10 am

what was their budget for burns scenes!!?? :unsure:
Cheap cameras aren't good. Good cameras aren't cheap

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:05 pm

Watching the trailer was enough to put me off.Hate overdone CGI

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:21 pm

I watched it last weekend. Have to say none of the CGI dominated films done in the past 30 years or so seem to live up to the "realism" of similar films made in the 60's or 70's. I think the art of making an 'epic' has been lost.

Return to “General Chat”