Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

The Ukraine Situation

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
steamy

Re: The Ukraine Situation

Post by steamy » Sun May 01, 2022 1:20 pm

Craig wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:46 am

steamy wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:17 am

It's always good to see when other people who preach to "do your research", don't even do their own.
Then by doing so, show their support hypocritical support for the antagonists who are actually doing what they are complaining about...

I didn't get the dig about Zelensky's past career either from the same poster, he's proved his leadership skills copious amounts of times over many other world leaders, who would probably be more fitting as stand up comedians.
The OCCRP report shows most of his holdings are in off shore tax evasion accounts so we can't really know, but I'll withdraw the billionaire comment as factual, although I bet it is likely!

Even the article (key word there) that Col Nago links, suggest he has upto $30,000,000. So even that figure seem mental to me, the average salary in Ukraine was around $10,000 per annum and as a rather poor comedian he racked up minimum $20,000,000 based on reporting from Forbes Ukraine (more key words there).

Having his presidential campaign backed by Ihor Kolomoisky oligarch* who certainly is a billionaire might explain some of his success.

*The good Ukrainian criminal kind of course.

Oh, and he is a member of the WEF of course;

https://www.weforum.org/people/volodymyr-zelenskyy

Actor, 100%.

As for everyone else, take the mickey out of me all you like, it's a shame because there is every chance we would have, or even have had a good laugh at an airbase taking pictures together. But the internet is great to look big and ostracise people who may have a different world view to you...?
by that logic, Lukashenko, Yanukovych et al = good

we get it, you prefer Russian influence in Ukraine (or by the way the Russians want it to go, Russian presence in Ukraine), you want to discredit Zelensky and the west by any means possible.... meanwhile overlooking everything that Russia is doing wrong as "well we wouldn't be here it the west didn't provoke him"

It's not just disagreeing on differing views, it's calling out your absolute bullsh*t
5cabaa953bd37c3e357e779bb82aa195eda3b2afa2bdd19594a7162c4f7497be

steamy

Post by steamy » Sun May 01, 2022 1:23 pm

just waiting on a "but Yemen, but Iraq, but Saudi Arabia" response

Red-Eye-Knight

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Sun May 01, 2022 2:34 pm

steamy wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 1:23 pm
just waiting on a "but Yemen, but Iraq, but Saudi Arabia" response
But Yemen, but Iraq, But Saudi Arabia :lol: :lol: :lol:

XWP29

Post by XWP29 » Sun May 01, 2022 4:34 pm

Craig
I posted a link earlier to a dictionary explanation of invasion. That’s when you were saying it wasn’t. It’s irrelevant whether the invasion is short term or long.
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Sun May 01, 2022 8:41 pm

I have recently read Montefiore's 'History of Stalin. I can only really assume that Putin is Stalin's love child!!!.

Col Nago

Post by Col Nago » Mon May 02, 2022 1:32 am

If you’re interested in boots on the ground reporting, I strongly advise following this chap. Ex US Forces, home improvements businessman, had to do something so got on a flight and took up arms with the UF, and he’s now embedded on the front line. His reports are as real as it gets.

https://twitter.com/jmvasquez1974/statu ... 185bMwsPaw

Pune

Post by Pune » Mon May 02, 2022 8:05 am

Col Nago wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 1:32 am
If you’re interested in boots on the ground reporting, I strongly advise following this chap. Ex US Forces, home improvements businessman, had to do something so got on a flight and took up arms with the UF, and he’s now embedded on the front line. His reports are as real as it gets.

Just tried this, 'page doesn't exist' message !! :(
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

Col Nago

Post by Col Nago » Mon May 02, 2022 11:58 am

Pune wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:05 am
Col Nago wrote:

Crikey. It didn’t work for me either Pune. I had a sudden panic that he’d come to harm, but nope, just a duff link. He’s still alive, fighting, and easily searchable via @jmvasquez1974.

steamy

Post by steamy » Mon May 02, 2022 12:26 pm

Col Nago wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 11:58 am
Pune wrote:
Col Nago wrote:

Crikey. It didn’t work for me either Pune. I had a sudden panic that he’d come to harm, but nope, just a duff link. He’s still alive, fighting, and easily searchable via @jmvasquez1974.
I came off Twitter recently, but he had about 5 or 6 fake accounts pretending to be him at the time... from scammers looking for money, to Russian propagandists saying he was dead or injured...

He's definitely doing something right in Ukraine, good to see he's still alive.... if you find the dirty dozen, follow them too :thumbs:

Pune

Post by Pune » Mon May 02, 2022 1:23 pm

steamy wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 12:26 pm
Col Nago wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 11:58 am
Pune wrote:

I came off Twitter recently, but he had about 5 or 6 fake accounts pretending to be him at the time... from scammers looking for money, to Russian propagandists saying he was dead or injured...

He's definitely doing something right in Ukraine, good to see he's still alive.... if you find the dirty dozen, follow them too :thumbs:
Thanks Guys, I'll try again... :thumb:
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

Bobcode

Post by Bobcode » Tue May 03, 2022 8:10 am

I see that Putin’s mouthpiece has stated that they will “ nuke Britain to the depths of the sea”
Have the Russians lost all conception of reality ?
All that would be achieved by such an action is the retaliatory incineration of Moscow and other key cities……..it’s called MAD, mutually assured destruction, a very apt acronym.💀

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Tue May 03, 2022 9:49 am

Bobcode wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 8:10 am
I see that Putin’s mouthpiece has stated that they will “ nuke Britain to the depths of the sea”
All that would be achieved by such an action is the retaliatory incineration of Moscow and other key cities……..it’s called MAD, mutually assured destruction, a very apt acronym.💀
I'm sick of seeing threats on the net, I'm gonna have to stop reading them. I pray to God that he doesn't do it!
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

pg1610

Post by pg1610 » Tue May 03, 2022 10:18 am

Blackcat1 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:49 am
Bobcode wrote:
I'm sick of seeing threats on the net, I'm gonna have to stop reading them. I pray to God that he doesn't do it!
You have to remember all this rhetoric is for internal consumption, I doubt even Lavrov believes what he instructed to say , Putin etc would not last five minuets in power if the majority of Russian population thought they were loosing this war
or that the west were not a threat which is what they want to portray
Phil

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Tue May 03, 2022 10:23 am

pg1610 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:18 am
Blackcat1 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:49 am
Bobcode wrote:
You have to remember all this rhetoric is for internal consumption, I doubt even Lavrov believes what he instructed to say , Putin etc would not last five minuets in power if the majority of Russian population thought they were loosing this war
or that the west were not a threat which is what they want to portray
Yes very true . Still scary to read all the same. I think I'll stick to reading aircraft magazines 😂
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Pune

Post by Pune » Tue May 03, 2022 1:47 pm

Mutual Assured Destruction 'M.A.D.' I don't think it will ever happen ;)

Bobcode

Post by Bobcode » Tue May 03, 2022 3:42 pm

pg1610, good analysis there, I think you are on the right track, Putin cannot risk letting the truth get in the way of his designs. Blackcat1, you and me both with regard to the reports and and threats, however logical we try to be it is very worrying. Pune, I also agree that MAD will not happen, having said that, there is still the unsettling feeling that the instability of Putin just might go too far……..but then that is what they are doing, sowing the seeds of fear.

Pune

Post by Pune » Tue May 03, 2022 5:54 pm

Bobcode wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 3:42 pm
pg1610, good analysis there, I think you are on the right track, Putin cannot risk letting the truth get in the way of his designs. Blackcat1, you and me both with regard to the reports and and threats, however logical we try to be it is very worrying. Pune, I also agree that MAD will not happen, having said that, there is still the unsettling feeling that the instability of Putin just might go too far……..but then that is what they are doing, sowing the seeds of fear.
I would hope that someone in The Kremlin will eventually see some sense, hopefully very soon and do the right thing and remove Pukin, with whatever means are required and replace him with a more moderate leader, not a dictator, wishful thinking I guess :roll:

cat1

Post by cat1 » Fri May 06, 2022 1:42 pm

Even if Putin wanted to go nuclear, i cant help feeling that there is at least one sensible person in the kremlin that would try to prevent it
Cheap cameras aren't good. Good cameras aren't cheap

C24

Post by C24 » Sun May 08, 2022 2:51 pm

🇷🇺

" Crimes against peace "

This seems to sum up the current situation as seen by me.

Stay safe 😷
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Col Nago

Post by Col Nago » Sun May 08, 2022 8:06 pm

Return to “General Chat”