Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RIP Harry Billinge

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Pune

RIP Harry Billinge

Post by Pune » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:10 am

If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

Blackcat1

Re: RIP Harry Billinge

Post by Blackcat1 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:07 pm

RIP Hero

Godbless
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:29 pm

I saw a lovely tribute item about this this morning on BBC Breakfast.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:32 pm

A great character - and yes, a nice tribute on Breakfast today.

Red-Eye-Knight

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:08 pm

As him and many others said they were not hero's the real hero's died over there.

But we all know they were all hero's.

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:46 pm

I grew up with men who had been through the war(both sides)and it is still hard to belive what some of them did.Most has come out at funerals out of earshot of the women.My wifes father was with the Borderers in Belgium and onto Berlin.Strangely he sat and told my son ( we are nboth on second marriages )about a lot of it He never told any off the family about anything and the only thing he allowed the young lad to tell my wife was he carried the machine gun.Being fiercely defensive of his daughter I had a lot of problems at first but one new year when he found out about my friendship with a very senior officer in the Borderers he accepted me and said so you know dont you.Sadly the old brigadier was seconded to the ghurkas to set up their operations This means I dont know what he did maybe for the best.I knew a lot and to me they were all heros but I did like when Harry got the train named after him.I have met a lot of brave young men who served through my job but Harrys generation didnt have their back up never the less all heroes

To those still on patrol RIP To those still wth us keep safe

Return to “General Chat”