Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

double standards

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Condor68

double standards

Post by Condor68 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:31 pm

Just wondered if I am the only one bemused by the Silly Naughty People.Before they drive us into debt and the middle ages. If a couple years ago we were desperate for independance and everyone wanted it we could flourish why was Blackhead begging for more money for various things from parliament .We were assured by queen nic we could afford anything.Most of us would be dead if we were independant due to covid.We get onto Boris parties and and demands by the QN for resignations ,short memory about the Salmond issues and connections with the costs of Prestwick and the Ship building fiasco which is now getting dumped on a member who resigned apparently he has now been to the cajone shop and HMN is not amused Throw in a few Hospitals which did not pass muster. The whole thing is a joke.We see them hanging off a flyover near us with their Flags which they dont realise are the wrong blue and not realising they are being dash cammed and reported.Dont get me wrong I am taking the Billy Connely stance They are better to pitied than scorned.Boris says we need nuclear snp/greens say lets hopes its windy so we can get back to a hay lined hovel and oxen Bet she is just now .Blackhead hasnt done her any favours with the calls for Boris to go..

Rant over enjoy your weekend

scorpont

Re: double standards

Post by scorpont » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:30 am

The Somewhat Narky Pinheads have become masters of pandering, unfortunately for the average sensible Scot. The swing vote holds a lot of weight in Scotland as most people can't simply be bothered with the chaos of it all. Their new fun game is reversing social policies, giving it a few years until people forget what they did and then introduce a new policy that is one step forward on the two steps they took us back however many years ago. This has been their plan all along - I'm 20 and was too young to remember them quietly rolling back the social policies - people my age now only remember them bringing in their new neutered policies like the Under 22s bus pass (a Labour idea the Green Party tries to take credit for as Oor FM is given the praise). Interestingly Said Nitwit 'Patrioteers' removed a student travel allowance that was able to be used on Trains and was available to students older than 21. The new system only works on buses, and even then only certain buses. So well done, gold star Wee Nic' you've made young people worse off but made them worship you as their savior from the debt and travel expenses you bestowed upon them.

It's quite infuriating having to explain to my mates who support the Smarmy.. uhh, sod it I've run out of vocabulary - who support the SNP and say "But they're the only party with Scotland in the name, so they're the only ones that care about us" (ironic that 'Alba' exists but nobody speaks blooming Gaelic so don't realise that means Scotland - despite SNP supporters loving the Gaelic road signs and emergency vehicles that they can't read anyway) that actually there are other parties who do act in their best interests. Now, shoot me down in flames for voting for the Lib Dems but they align with my beliefs despite not being able to find their own behind when given a map, a torch and written instructions once the lights go out. But in my constituency we have the Lib Dem leader for Scotland as our MSP and honestly he's brilliant. But young people have been roped into identity politics and don't even know who their MP or MSP are. Hell, a trans friend of mine voted for a transphobe - which tells you all you need to know really. I very nearly voted SNP in Westminster because ultimately they're not strong enough to push independence at that level and my MP candidate from them was the most qualified individual and had a very good working relationship with Willie Rennie that seemed to be doing some level of good (until he started mishandling certain things and the local economy dove).

Whale oil beef hooked - and I'm afraid we may all be.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:58 am

Explain the Barnet formula to your friends; they will soon realise that leaving the UK will lose them the favourable funding from the UK government and that they will be even more heavily taxed.

C24

Post by C24 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:19 pm

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ 🌻. 😷. πŸŒ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

What a refreshing couple of posts. It's goodtoseethat the younger generations aren't completely fooled.

Please continue. ;)

πŸ’‰ πŸ’‰ πŸ’‰. πŸ’‰. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘ΊπŸ›°
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:17 pm

Have already explained it to some and they still dont get it.Asked a candidate the last time about defence and security ie:-

Royal Army Royal Air Force Royal Navy Her Majesties Coastguard Royal National Lifeboats Her Majesties Customs and Excise to name a few .He looked at me and walked away amid quite a bit of booing from people who heard me ask.He of course was SNP

ST1976

Post by ST1976 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:21 pm

iainpeden wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:58 am
Explain the Barnet formula to your friends . . .
Tried that nearly 2 years ago to a Silly Nichola Party (formerly Salmonds Nutters Party) supporter and he got so irrate and verbal I politly told to to feck orf. Not seen him since . . . and now he's apparently changed his name to the Gaelic spelling :S

We will indeed Beef Hooked if they do manage to hold another vote and they get even the tiniest majority.

Now, where is my British passport?

Steve T

:cool:
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:51 pm

Cannae wait to see what direction this takes! :roll: :pop:

Looks like Queen Nic is about to get her comeuppance anyway as some Tory in Moray has reported Nic to the polis for the heinous crime of not wearing a mask in a hairdresser! :whistle: :Oops:

d555

Post by d555 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:53 pm

Shocking news!
Does she really use a hair dresser? :)

mustang5861

Post by mustang5861 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:01 pm

ArabJazzie wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:51 pm

Looks like Queen Nic is about to get her comeuppance anyway as some Tory in Moray has reported Nic to the polis for the heinous crime of not wearing a mask in a hairdresser! :whistle: :Oops:
Time for a second tactical deployment of the much-feared 'The Buck Stops With Me' (English translation: 'This Subject Is Now Closed') defensive measure? :roll: :whistle: :halo:

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:02 am

mustang5861 wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:01 pm
ArabJazzie wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:51 pm

Time for a second tactical deployment of the much-feared 'The Buck Stops With Me' (English translation: 'This Subject Is Now Closed') defensive measure? :roll: :whistle: :halo:
Or just deploy the Westminter(as seen on BBC News :Wow: ) tactic of waffle on regardless, there will be something new along tomorrow! :blush:

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:27 am

Strange about how the Buck stops with me bit,it always seems to be someone elses fault and they have to fall on the sword while she soldiers on.I would have thought the Judge me on Education speech would have meant she knew she was out of touch.Maybe of course her copy was in Gaelic and she couldnt read it.

mustang5861

Post by mustang5861 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:17 pm

Condor68 wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:27 am
Strange about how the Buck stops with me bit,it always seems to be someone elses fault and they have to fall on the sword while she soldiers on.I would have thought the Judge me on Education speech would have meant she knew she was out of touch.Maybe of course her copy was in Gaelic and she couldnt read it.
It surprised me that Sturgeon openly identified Derek Mackay as being responsible for signing-off on the dodgy ferries contract, for two reasons: 1) Mackay was appointed Finance Secretary in 2016 by Sturgeon, who had already been FM for some two years; and 2) she has a well-known reputation (never denined) for obsessive micomanagement of government legislation, so she would have known full well the detail of the ferries contract. Sadly, it smacks of a tactic she has used before to get off the hook: lump the blame onto someone else, preferably someone with a lack of public credibility (Mackay); when that doesn't do the job, find someone else to take the rap (Salmond); when that doesn't work, deploy the 'Buck Stops With Me' defensive measure, but then deliberately fail to take and accept the responsibility that comes with the mea culpa 'admission'; and then, just for good measure, blame Johnson and the UK government for a lack of money and bleat on about how this would never, ever have happened in the idyllic and uptopian world of an independent Scotland. Dream on.

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:30 am

She probably thinks she saved the NHS in Scotland as she is denial about hacking it to bits in the first place.The bit about Mackay didnt surprise me as its always someone else.Very surprised the nearest minister didnt have to resign because Perfect Nic was caught without a mask twice at least.

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:32 am

Should also ask is there any meaning behind in these light blue flags they keep waving in peoples faces.

mustang5861

Post by mustang5861 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:32 am

Condor68 wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:32 am
Should also ask is there any meaning behind in these light blue flags they keep waving in peoples faces.
I was told (several years ago) that the SNP conducted some research into the history of the national flag, and were as surprised as anyone when it became clear that the historically accurate shade of blue is significantly lighter; more of an Azure Blue. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the darker shade (Navy Blue?) is 'withdrawn from service' as a symbol of Scotland at some point. Plus ca change... :unsure:

C24

Post by C24 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:41 am

James VI of Scotland, James I of England. Didn't someone lose the plot some years back? 1703-ish?

As posted above, Plus ca change, c'est la meme chose.
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

scorpont

Post by scorpont » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:30 pm

ST1976 wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:21 pm
.... Silly Nichola Party (formerly Salmonds Nutters Party) ....
Write that down! Write that down!

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:56 pm

ST1976 wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:21 pm
iainpeden wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:58 am
Explain the Barnet formula to your friends . . .
Tried that nearly 2 years ago to a Silly Nichola Party (formerly Salmonds Nutters Party) supporter and he got so irrate and verbal I politly told to to feck orf. Not seen him since . . . and now he's apparently changed his name to the Gaelic spelling :S

We will indeed Beef Hooked if they do manage to hold another vote and they get even the tiniest majority.

Now, where is my British passport?

Steve T

:cool:
Does that mean he is Erse now?

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Sun May 01, 2022 1:07 am

Looks like queen Nic could be in more legal trouble now have to wait and see.Between her and Stammerer and his lady friend if the are true Boris might be back in play.

Condor68

Post by Condor68 » Mon May 09, 2022 8:31 am

They are at it again .In our local paper the Silly Nerd Party claim LOCAL election result gives them a mandate for a referendum,despite the vast majority of voters voting against them in the GENERAL election. .Two pages on an article claims they are demanding more money from Westminster to help the cost of living crisis.Various Polls and an election have found people dont want referendum bit that is brushed aside.

Return to β€œGeneral Chat”