Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Diner at various spots…

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
slogen51

Re: Diner at various spots…

Post by slogen51 » Sat May 07, 2022 2:19 pm

Just been to the king's head on beck row - no ale so went instead to the brewers tap Lakenheath again no ale!

Red lion at hockwold to the rescue!

Pune

Post by Pune » Sat May 07, 2022 3:28 pm

slogen51 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 2:19 pm
Just been to the king's head on beck row - no ale so went instead to the brewers tap Lakenheath again no ale!

Red lion at hockwold to the rescue!
No ale, what is occurring !! :Wow:
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Sat May 07, 2022 4:37 pm

East Anglia is occurring - lots of pubs only have one ale on ( plenty of lager / cider etc) so of course if that is off then it's curtains.

I can recommend the Red Lion at Hockwold - three decent Ales on plus a pleasant garden if you want to be outside - only 10-15 minutes from Lakenheath.

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Sat May 07, 2022 5:07 pm

Mike wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 9:25 am
Blackcat1 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:54 am
Had a beautiful steak at a pub in Mildenhall once but can’t remember the name of i?. I remember a few of the owners pet cats sitting on the chairs under some of the tables fast asleep!! 😹😹
We had a meal in (probably) the same pub in Mildenhall in 2007 which had a very overweight cat lurking under the tables, it was called Mister Mittens and it's belly almost dragged along the ground. :'(

I can't remember the pub's name either but I think it was on the High Street.

Here he is............................

Aww bless, he’s had too many meals!! 😹

It was on the high street .White Hart possibly??
The restaurant was upstairs
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Philly1971

Post by Philly1971 » Tue May 10, 2022 8:07 pm

slogen51 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 4:37 pm
East Anglia is occurring - lots of pubs only have one ale on ( plenty of lager / cider etc) so of course if that is off then it's curtains.

I can recommend the Red Lion at Hockwold - three decent Ales on plus a pleasant garden if you want to be outside - only 10-15 minutes from Lakenheath.
I didn’t realise they had a beer garden. When we visited we sat out the front! To be fair it was during COVID so we were happy to stay outside and not explore inside. Also, they were also full for lunch so couldnt offer food, so we had to go to the local store and buy a sandwich to go with our pint. Will definitely try them again though.

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Tue May 10, 2022 8:12 pm

The beer garden is very pleasant and out back past the bar

Return to “General Chat”