Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Andy Goram R.I.P.

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Condor68

Andy Goram R.I.P.

Post by Condor68 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:36 pm

Just heard goalkeeper Andy Goram ex Rangers and a few others including Scotland also played international cricket died today.Apparentlly refused treatment for cancer as prognosis was it wouldnt give him much longer.Saw him in many matches and have to admit his close range quick reaction was amazing for a man his size.Rest in peace Andy you broke my heart and many others at Parkhead .

Keith Auld Tim

ArabJazzie

Re: Andy Goram R.I.P.

Post by ArabJazzie » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:29 pm

Its funny how you mention his size, but one thing i remember about him breaking my heart was he was one of the shortest keepers in the game. At 5ft 9in, i was always wondered how he ever got through a ruck of players to get something on the ball, and like you say, how he got about to make some of the close in saves due to his build.

Not to be forgotten as how he nearly chucked the footie in when one of his teams, maybe all of them, tried to stop him playing cricket, something i think he was quite good at.

Unknown74

Re: Andy Goram R.I.P.

Post by Unknown74 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:01 am

R.I.P. Andy Goram, saw him a few times at Easter Road when he played for Hibernian. One of my favourite Goalies. Sorry to hear this news.

Return to “General Chat”