Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Lionesses

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
slogen51

Lionesses

Post by slogen51 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:39 pm

Wow England Women are on fire!

4-0 up against Sweden in the Womens Euro Semi

Outrageous back heel double nutmeg to go three up

csnewton2701

Re: Lionesses

Post by csnewton2701 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:48 pm

Thoroughly entertaining

Chris

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:53 pm

Well. I'm not a football fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed this. The women showed the Premiership players up for what the majority of them are. Overpaid prima donas who fall over and writhe in agony at the slightest tap. This match had but 1 injury stoppage, and that was a justified one. Looking forward to watching the final.

Red-Eye-Knight

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:09 pm

Think I would rather watch paint dry than womens football, Never mind at least the proper football starts this weekend.

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:14 pm

Less handbags, tears and time-wasting in the women's version. Better behaved too when I've watched it. Also better England results!

plmc135

Post by plmc135 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:31 pm

Red-Eye-Knight wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:09 pm
Think I would rather watch paint dry than womens football, Never mind at least the proper football starts this weekend.
Where, only looks like Micky Mouse leagues starting this weekend :whistle:

Red-Eye-Knight

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:10 pm

plmc135 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:31 pm
Red-Eye-Knight wrote:
Not in Scotland :whistle:

Rob666

Post by Rob666 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:56 pm

Red-Eye-Knight wrote:
Each to their own but after watching years of men's football, no silly diving, aggression and making it perfectly clear only going through the motions to get their big overinflated pay check. If only some of the men gave half the effort. Well down Lionesses and hoping it works out on Sunday.
Rob

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:29 pm

Red-Eye-Knight wrote:
I see the 70's are still alive and kicking here on FC!
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

plmc135

Post by plmc135 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:19 pm

Red-Eye-Knight wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:10 pm
plmc135 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:31 pm
Red-Eye-Knight wrote:
Not in Scotland :whistle:
Micky thought they were so amateurish that he rejected them even for his leagues :ninja:

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:39 pm

bizfreeq wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:29 pm
Red-Eye-Knight wrote:

That highlights an important issue

Don't be afraid to voice your own opinion. We live in a woke world underpinned by cancel culture.

I my opinion if you think womens football is crap ( I don't) then don't be afraid to say so. I don't like womens golf or tennis - I think it's tame by men's standards but they are my own likes/dislikes , nothing to do with living in the 70s.

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:44 pm

slogen51 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:39 pm
bizfreeq wrote:
Red-Eye-Knight wrote:

Don't be afraid to voice your own opinion. We live in a woke world underpinned by cancel culture.

I my opinion if you think womens football is crap ( I don't) then don't be afraid to say so. I don't like womens golf or tennis - I think it's tame by men's standards but they are my own likes/dislikes , nothing to do with living in the 70s.
I agree, however, referring to women's football as not 'proper football' isn't anything to do with woke society as you put it, it is grossly insulting and misogynistic
Cheers
Mark

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:57 pm

It might well be insulting but it's ridiculous to say he is prejudiced against women! He just doesn't think much of women's football - he is perfectly entitled to say that and you can disagree and say it's entertainment and you prefer it to mens football but to start labelling people as misogynists just stifles discussion and is insulting

You can't talk about immigration without being labelled a racist or criticize teachers or nurses for fear of condemnation by the left

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:29 pm

And you are either completely missing the point or being deliberately argumentative. Yes he is very much entitled to express that he doesn't like women's football, I am not overly bothered by it myself. However, labelling it as not proper football is not voicing an opinion at all and is very deliberately insulting and degrading to that side of the game. It goes beyond opinion when you start to belittle and insult something or someone in that manner.
I also agree with what you say there about immigration etc but that is for another discussion on another day
Cheers
Mark

Red-Eye-Knight

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:19 am

I'm not prejudice against women's football at all I just don't like it and I am sure if you ask supports around the UK most of them would say the proper football starts this weekend as that's just the way its been for years, Cannot remember for the life of me anyone ever saying "oh cannot wait for the womens football this weekend"

Also there are too many women on men's football nowadays yet watch the womens football (apart from the euros as I believe some men have been on it) there is no male commentators whatsoever yet every Saturday and Sunday there are women commentators on BBC, Sky and BT Sports.

Red-Eye-Knight

Post by Red-Eye-Knight » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:24 am

bizfreeq wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:44 pm
slogen51 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:39 pm
bizfreeq wrote:

I agree, however, referring to women's football as not 'proper football' isn't anything to do with woke society as you put it, it is grossly insulting and misogynistic
Ah ha but the thing is the proper football has ALWAYS been the mens football for over 100 years now.

And it's not living in the 70s more like late 80s early 90s as I was only born in 1979 :P

raptor9

Post by raptor9 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:59 am

Not a football fan, but surely football is football, whoever is playing.`Women fly aircraft and race cars etc., Nothing is a man's preserve these days, and rightly so in my opinion.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:40 am

Red-Eye-Knight wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:24 am

Ah ha but the thing is the proper football has ALWAYS been the mens football for over 100 years now.
Probably nearer 500, but that could be that women weren’t generally stupid enough to chase a blown up pigs bladder across muddy fields and cold stream in the depths of winter between village market places.

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:41 am

To me it's got nothing to do with men and women. For me it's all about the quality of the competition. Take track and field for example I preferred the World championship over the commonwealth games - to me the worlds are 'proper' athletics which top athletes will gear their season towards - top competition

I will be watching the final against Germany

I think my main point and I apologize for the thread drift is that you have to be so careful how you express your opinions and choose your words so carefully if you don't want to be castigated and accused of being a Neanderthal.

Neanderthals have feelings too and were probably a decent race before being wiped out!

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:08 am

Ten years ago the standard of women’s football was significantly lower but in my opinion is now at a level akin to the men’s game - pretty sure the national team would give the average division one team, even championship team, a run for their money. However it is a subtlety different game.

Certainly agree with Slogen51 about the need to be careful in expressing opinions because we are in an age where it’s acceptable to shout down someone you disagree with but apparently unacceptable to even question the pc views of certain affiliations.

As for the Neanderthals, apparently the average European genome contains between 1 and 4% Neanderthal.

I too will watch the final, 100% behind the Lionesses; Wembley is sold out and even some of the men’s national team can’t get tickets.

Return to “General Chat”